Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre has 2 rooms available for hire.
The large meeting room (Alexander Room) has polished floor boards, air conditioning and access to our childrens playground. It is capable of holding a maximum of 40 - 45 people. Tables and chairs are available for use.
The small meeting room (Freeston Room) has vinyl flooring, air conditioning and has the capacity to hold 10 people. It also has direct access to our children's playground.
Specifics of Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre
Curfew 10.00pm (Sun-Thurs) / 1.00am (Fri-Sat)
When you use Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre’s (WNC) facilities, you will be required to adhere to conditions of hire. Room hirers will be given a copy of our terms and conditions, which are to be strictly adhered to.
These conditions will vary slightly between Function/Casual and Regular hirers. If you are making a Function/Casual booking, the conditions will include such things as:
- Security Bond required (usually $100.00) in addition to the hire fee. This is refundable after room/ premises inspection.
- Hire Fees are those applicable at the date of the event, rather than when you made the application and apply from the time you gain access to the facility until you leave at the end of your function. This includes your set up time and cleaning time.
- Winmalee Neighbourhood Centre is not responsible for personal property that is lost, stolen or damaged in the course of the event.
- Amusement rides, jumping castles, jukeboxes, hired karaoke equipment and portable stages can be used, with WNC’s agreement. You will be required to ensure that the provider of this equipment has current Public Liability Insurance for no less than $5,000,000.
- Security management is your responsibility. Adequate supervision and security should be in place during any activity. You are responsible for the conduct of all people attending the event.
- You must ensure that attendance at the event does not exceed the maximum capacity of the facility.
- You must get a Permit to consume liquor in the facility (Local Police station).
- You cannot return the next day to clean up.
- You must leave the facility in a clean condition. You will need to sweep the floors, damp mop any spillage, clean and tidy the kitchen and toilets and put away any tables and chairs used. All rubbish is to be placed in garbage bags or bins supplied and any excess removed from the premises.
Hire Fees (per hour)
Private Function - Alexander Room (includes use of kitchen): $27.00
Meetings & Activities - Alexander Room: Profit (Business) $25.00
Non-Profit (Community) $15.00
Freeston Room: Profit (Business) $15.00
Non-Profit (Community) $12.00
If you are booking the Alexander Room and need access to the playground you will need to speak to the Manager for an hourly fee.
Late cancellation fee: The Centre requires 24 hours notice of a booking cancellation or a cancellation fee will apply. This will be a pro rata charge of the total booking charge.
Room hire fees are reviewed at the end of the financial year.
For more information please phone the Centre on 47 544050.